Monday, October 11, 2010

I’m Thankful For…

Family!

Today is Canadian Thanksgiving. This picture was taken one year ago, at our last Thanksgiving celebration. I’ll be off at my parent’s place this afternoon, stuffing my face with turkey and eating one of the 3 different types of pies that I baked. We’ve also got plans to get some family photos taken. I figured today was the perfect day to make a list and remind myself of the things that I’m thankful for.

I’m Thankful For…

+ My amazingly caring family. We’re always there for each other and full of laughter. There’s no where I’d rather be than surrounded by my family.

+ Stephen. He fits into the family category, but he’s done so much for me that he deserves a spot of his own. He’s everything I could have ever wanted.

+ My friends. These days, my core group of friends is quite small, but I’m perfectly content with that. They’re always there to brighten my day and celebrate my victories with me.

+ My job. I’ve been through a lot of changes on the job front at the end of summer, and it’s taken some time to get used to. I’m thankful that I’m getting the hours I need, and that I’m still happy to go back every day.

+ Having an apartment to call my own. Despite that fact that Stephen and I feel we have outgrown our apartment (yes, we’re looking for a new place to rent), I’m so glad that we have a nice place to call our own, and that it’s filled with everything we need.

+ My blog. People who don’t blog just don’t seem to quite grasp what it is that we bloggers like so much about it. I’m so thankful for the relationships that I’ve developed and the opportunities that have been presented to me.

+ All the little things: My guinea pigs, a hug, a smile, a kiss, a laugh, Starbucks’ white mochas, pumpkin flavored anything, a sunny day, crisp fall weather, a good song, a well written book, a quiet moment, a nap, a happy memory, a good morning text, sleeping in. The list is too big to even comprehend.

Some days I reflect back on my life and I’m so thankful and feel so blessed for what I have, what I’ve done and where I’ve been that I have to pinch myself to see if it’s even real. Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadian friends.

What are you thankful for today?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...