Friday, October 8, 2010

Women of Wonder

My mission this week was to go on a hot air balloon ride with someone special. Stephen and I tried to book our trip, only to find out that the next available flight date is November 2nd, and we had already submitted our payment (which is non-refundable). Luckily, the flight vouchers are good until they are used, which means no matter how many times our flight may get rescheduled, we’ll be ok. Thankfully, November 2nd is still during a time that I will be doing this Women of Wonder project.

Earlier this week, when I announced the hot air balloon ride, I alluded to the fact that it was on my bucket list. I’m a huge list maker. I have no idea where I get this from, or why I take such pleasure in creating lists; I just do. I have a bucket list, but it’s not something that I’ve ever talked about much. I tend to keep quiet about the big things until I’m sure that they’re going to work out. I have never even written my bucket list out. It just seems like such a big deal that I’m a little intimidated.

I’ve always had a quiet fascination with hot air balloons. They just seem so majestic to me! I once knew someone who got engaged on a hot air balloon ride, and ever since then, I knew that I had to go on a hot air balloon ride someday. Only problem is, these rides are expensive. If it weren’t for WonderBra Canada providing me this opportunity, there’s a good chance I never would have talked myself into indulging in a ride for myself!

Do you have a bucket list? What’s on it that may surprise some people?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...