Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Blogging Through My School Years: Grade 5

It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these posts! You can find kindergarten through grade 4 here.

Grade 5 was a pretty exciting year for me because I was finally apart of the oldest kids in school. You see, the school I went to at the time in Brampton, Ontario went from kindergarten to grade 5. I was itching to move on to a new and exciting school with my friends, but I had one more year to get through.

I started off in a grade 4/5 split class; I think it had something to do with the fact that there weren’t enough teachers to go around. I started off really liking my teacher, but I always got the impression that she was just never that fond of me. I never quite understood why, but she was always so much more receptive towards my friends than she was towards me. Whether or not teachers realize it, their attitudes can have a huge affect on students, and I still remember it after all these years. Thankfully, I didn’t have to deal with her bad attitude for too long because just before Christmas, we were moved to a full grade 5 class with a new teacher.

Grade 5 was also a great year in French class for me. I’ve always been somewhat of a Francophile, so naturally, French was my favorite class. My favorite memory of the year was our Pizza unit. Yeah, an entire unit devoted to pizza! We learned all about toppings, and there was even a song that we would listen and sing along to repeatedly. At the end of the unit, our class got to make our own pizza, and one for the office. We had to make the pizza on camera, and when the tape didn’t work the first time, we got to make it again. Clearly this is every fifth grader’s dream come true! I was in charge of “la sauce de tomate”.

Grad that year was pretty exciting. We spent a lot of time in the Gym practicing for the big day. I loved being surrounded by my friends and getting to dress up and have special treatment for a night. And not going to lie…I also loved it when they passed out the awards and I got a few for myself!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...