Wednesday, August 25, 2010

When Family Comes To Visit

Last week, Stephen’s brother, girlfriend and their baby came and stayed with us. It was quite the eventful week, but worth every moment.
Stephen and I slept on an air mattress, smack dab in the middle of the living room; we had given up our bedroom to the new parents. It was hot, but we survived with three fans on us.

One of the nights was designated as game night. We had gotten in touch with our old roommate (who inexplicably fell off the face of the earth for a few months), so we invited him over, made some chilli and played Settlers. The night turned out to be much more entertaining after a few beers had been consumed, and someone (other than the Baby Mama) tried out the breast pump. I even have the video to blackmail them with later in life.

I had to work 4 of the days they were here, but I did have one day off, which we took advantage of by going to Barrier Lake for the day.

August 21 074

Meeting my one month old nephew for the first time was one of the most special moments. He was such a snuggly bundle or preciousness, and he sent my baby fever into overdrive.

August 21 028 August 21 037

August 21 055

August 21 095

As is the case with any baby that crosses my path, I barely put Kolton down. I didn’t want to miss a single moment of snuggle time, even if it meant that Stephen and I had duke it out once or twice over who got him next.

I’m hoping that we’ll get to see Kolton again soon, I already miss that squishy little face!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...