Thursday, August 19, 2010

Strawberry Cream Pie

Baking With Angela

This time of year, grocery stores around here have big containers of the juiciest red strawberries I have ever seen! I always get suckered into buying a container, and because they’re so big, I need to be clever about how I’m going to use them up before they go bad Believe it or not, there’s only so much Nutella and Strawberries a girl can eat. Not even my guinea pig can help me get through them quick enough! When I had seen that Pioneer Woman had posted a recipe fro Raspberry Cream Pie, I knew that I had to change it up and make myself a Strawberry Cream Pie. I was glad that I did, because it was such a refreshing dessert to enjoy in my hot apartment, while watching some trashy reality show that I just can’t stay away from.

August 18 001 Strawberry Cream Pie
Adapted from Pioneer Woman

(Printable Recipe)

1 Oreo pie crust
I cup strawberries
3 tbsp sugar
2 6 oz containers of strawberry yogurt
1 package vanilla pudding mix
1 cup whipping cream
August 8 2010 071

1. Prepare pie crust if not premade.
2. On a plate, smoosh the strawberries with a fork. Mix with sugar and let sit for ten minutes. Drain excess liquid.
August 8 2010 074
3. In a mixer, beat together yogurt and vanilla pudding on low for one minute. Beat in whipping cream until mixture is thick.
4. Fold in strawberries. Pour into pie pan and spread evenly. Freeze until firm, about 2 hours. Keep in freezer.

August 8 2010 077

August 18 006

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...