Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Date Night

For the first time in ages, Stephen had an entire weekend off. Feeling like it was my birthday or something, I asked Stephen if we could have a date night and he agreed it was about time for one again. We didn’t do anything spectacular, but just being together was perfect.

We started off our afternoon by walking over to the movie theatre to see The Expendables. I had only agreed to see it to make Stephen happy, but I ended up loving it too! I was one of only two girls in the movie theatre, so I think that we both need to win awards for girlfriends of the year.

the-expendables-movie-poster-1020549640

{image found
here.}

After a nice leisurely walk home, and then some time to relax, we got dressed up to head out for dinner. We had made reservations at West Restaurant and Bar, and it did not disappoint! I had the most amazing Tandoori Chicken Linguini, and Stephen had some pretty awesome roasted chicken and ribs. Stephen asked if I wanted a cocktail, so I told him to take a guess and order me what he thought I would like. He ordered me watermelon drink that was made with real watermelon and came with a sprig of fresh rosemary. I may have to head back there for some more of those…

Afterward, we had my nanny friend and her husband over for game night. Naturally, we played Settlers, but we also busted out Cranium. Stephen and I are usually experts at the Word Worm category, but I guess we weren’t so lucky this time around. We kept getting hung up on the silliest things. (Stephen-Quagmire spelled backwards does not start with a Q! I’m still shaking my head at that one.)

cranium

{image found
here.}

After all was said and done, I’ll have to mark this past Saturday as one of the best I’ve had in a while. Let’s hope that Stephen gets some more weekends off in the future!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...