Thursday, August 12, 2010

Love Bomb

I believe in the power of the blogosphere, so when I heard about the Let’s Drop a Love Bomb blog, I knew I’d be on board with this mission. Please take the time to check out this mission headed by Lauren, this is an amazing thing that she’s doing! And if you want to join along every week, you'll be able to find out how at her blog!

- - -

Hey Team!

This week's mission is one that hits me at my core.

It was suggested by one of the awesome anonymous women in our Love Bomb family.

Her friend, Bria, is a 22 year old young woman who has severe clinical depression and anxiety (severe panic attacks included) and in June she checked herself into the hospital in hopes of help. She was doing better, but has, in her own words, relapsed. For the first time, she is suicidal.

This past year I dealt with the same, which resulted in multiple hospital visits and medication. I will never forget the thoughts, emotions (and lack thereof), pain, and darkness that seemed consume me 24/7.

Written encouragement and love have such incredible power in times like these. They were two of the greatest contributing factors to bringing here: to a place of joy, stability and health. I still cannot express how thankful I am for those that went out of their way at this time to speak hope into me.

I am SO thrilled and excited to see all of you come together for this mission to provide exactly what Bria needs most: love, encouragement and hope. I have full faith that she can overcome this, and that we can be what helps get her there.

Let's get on it, team! Join me in dropping a Love Bomb on Bria.

You can leave a comment on her blog here:
http://devilishdelish.com/2010/08/08/this-life-is-a-struggle-and-i-am-ready-to-give-up/

Lauren

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...