Thursday, August 12, 2010

Cinnamon Bun Ice Cream- Without An Ice Cream Maker!

Baking With Angela

A little while back, I mentioned that I was going to order the KitchenAid ice cream maker attachment. To spare you from a long story that came about due to an error on my part, I didn’t order it because I couldn’t bear to spend so much on shipping. Buying the attachment has been put on the back burner for now, but the idea of making my own ice cream has still been at the forefront of my mind.

August 8 2010 043

Amanda (from kevinandamanda.com) posted some recipes for ice cream that didn’t require an ice cream maker, and I was sold on the idea. I ended up picking out the Cinnamon Bun flavor because Stephen isn’t a fan of the other flavors, and we all know that I don’t need an entire container of ice cream to myself. This ice cream is ridiculously easy to make, but it’s also very rich. You’ll only need to eat a small portion at a time. Trust me! I also subbed in a vanilla bean for the vanilla extract, because vanilla beans are a beautiful thing.

Cinnamon Bun Ice Cream
Adapted from Kevinandamanda.com

(Printable Recipe)

2 cups heavy cream
1-14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
3 tablespoons of melted butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 vanilla bean (or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract)
August 8 2010 030

1. Whip cream to stiff peaks.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together condensed milk, butter, and cinnamon. Cut a vanilla bean in half lengthwise and scrape the seeds into the mixture. Whisk again.
3. Fold whipped cream into the milk mixture. Pour into a container and freeze for 6 hours, or until firm. (I left it in overnight.)

August 8 2010 038 August 8 2010 039

{I love vanilla bean flecks and cinnamon!}

August 8 2010 041

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...