Monday, January 31, 2011

A Trip Down Memory Lane

Over Christmas, my Great Grandma gave us all some stuff that she would like us to keep. I received some beautiful jewelry and a serving platter that’s six generations old. My Mom and Dad received a whole bunch of family photo albums. Looking through one in particular was such a trip down memory lane for me, as most of them were pictures that I hadn’t seen from my early childhood. I begged my parents to bring it over to let me scan the pictures. I have plans to have a family photo wall in the house, and want to fill it up with sentimental photos. I thought it might be fun to share some of my favorite photos, and to let you guys get a glimpse of what I was like as a child.

img014

The date on the back of this photo would make me four days old. I definitely would never have guessed that; I sure was a big baby!

img002

I’m not sure how old I was in this photo, but I really love it. That’s my Mom naturally, and I can’t get over how young she looks! (My Mom was practically a baby herself when she had me.)

img007

If I’m not mistaken, this is a first day of school outfit. My Mom loved doing my hair like this, and I have to admit that as I got older, I really didn’t like it.

img008

img009

My family was really big into Oktoberfest when I was young. I loved going every year, even though it meant waking up at the crack of dawn so that we could make to road trip from Brampton, Ontario, to Kitchener, Waterloo.

img013

img012

My parents got married when I was four years old. I remember feeling so pretty that day. I mean come on, how couldn’t I be pretty with all that lace? I even have faint memories of a white fur coat.

img004

Look how cute my family was! My sisters were seriously the cutest little things ever. I’ve got such happy memories of my childhood, and I’m so glad that I get to relive snippets of it through old photos.

Have you looked at any photos from your childhood lately?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...