Thursday, January 20, 2011

Duck-Duck-Goose

Thursday is normally the day that I post a new recipe, but I’ve been in a bit of a funk lately. Other than the baked oatmeal and some banana muffins at work, I haven’t baked anything since before Christmas. I want to bake, but I’ve been directing all of my creative energy/free time toward crafting lately. I feel like my every day life has become mundane, as it often does in the winter time, which doesn’t leave me anything exciting to blog about. You really don’t want to read about how I’ve been to Michael’s and a scrapbook store three times in the last week. Or how I’ve been organizing my craft supplies. I always think of things that I want to accomplish on the weekends; how I’m going to be so productive that I’ll clean, craft, bake and take pictures off my house finally. Then those plans will get tossed out the window because I end up spending way more time shopping than I ever intended. I need to learn to balance my time more wisely. I struggle with it every day, and probably always will.

I will be baking this weekend though. In fact, I’ll be making what Stephen and I refer to as the “Epic Birthday Cake”. Stephen, George and I all have birthdays fairly close together, so we decided that we’ll go out to dinner this weekend to celebrate, then we’ll come home and eat this awesome cake. I won’t reveal too much about this cake as I will be blogging about it, but just know that I’ve vowed to only make it once a year because it’s labour intensive. I’ll be standing by the stove for nearly an hour stirring. It’s also insanely rich and sweet, so a person really doesn’t need it eat it more than once a year.

Now, before I lose your interest completely, I’ve been tagged for duck-duck-goose by Tara from the word for love is…
I’m supposed to list 15 things about myself and then tag 5 bloggers. Here goes:

1. I like to sing really loudly along with bad pop songs.
2. I’m a terrible singer.
3. I’m also a terrible dancer, but I love to dance anyway. (Just not in public.)
4. I love dancing while I’m baking.
5. I get frustrated much too easily.
6. I get bored way too quickly.
7. I love Sharpies.
8. I find a GIANT Sharpie in the work-shop behind the Vulcan Sister’s house, and I stole it. I’m sorry Tracy, but I just couldn’t help it.
9. I’ve been trying to convince Stephen to let me quit work to become a stay at home Mom. Minus the whole Mom part. (So really, I just want to stay home so I can craft and bake. No kids yet.)
10. I’m terrible with directions, so Google Maps is my best friend.
11. Potatoes have got to be my favorite food. So many yummy things to make with them!
12. Embossing is my new favorite thing.
13. I love cheesy reality TV.
14. Contrary to what people might think, I don’t like watching Nanny 911 or Super Nanny. Just because I’m a nanny doesn’t automatically mean I want to watch other nannies on TV.
15. I’m a good baker, but I’m lousy at decorating cakes. It makes me sad to admit that.

The 5 bloggers I’m tagging are:
Sharon from Kolton’s Mama
Mel from OMG Awesome
Brandy from Brandy-Son Zen Master Flash
Christine from Without Adornment
Lindsay Ann from Linnie Gets Laced

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...