Thursday, January 13, 2011

Baked Peanut Butter Oatmeal

I love hot breakfasts. Cereal is ok, but there’s nothing better than a plate of something hot to wake me up in the morning. That being said, I’m the kind of person that when I first wake up, I’m clumsy. I walk into things and spill stuff everywhere. The last thing I want to do is think about cooking for myself. More often than not, I go without breakfast. By the time I get to work, I’m usually hungry, and more awake, so I don’t mind cooking something. It’s been cold this week, so I figured it was the perfect time to try out a new recipe.
Jan 11 007

I had seen an article of BlogHer about some hot breakfast cereals, which then lead me to blog hopping. I stopped when I came to a post about baked peanut butter oatmeal, I was hooked. The great thing about this recipe is that it’s quick to throw together. I was reading through the comments and people were saying that you could mix it all together the night before and pop it in the oven in the morning. It’s also supposed to freeze well if you end up having leftovers. I found that the recipe could use some more peanut butter and brown sugar, so you’ll find my adjustments below. For the original recipe, click the link below the recipe title. Just so you know, this smells like you’re baking peanut butter cookies. The boy I nanny thought I was baking him cake for breakfast!

Baked Peanut Butter Oatmeal
Adapted from Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures

(Printable Recipe)

3 cups quick oats
1/2 cup brown sugar, plus more for topping
1 cup milk
2 tbsp melted butter
2 eggs
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup peanut butter

Jan 11 003

1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Combine all ingredients and spread into a greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
3. Bake for 25 minutes.

Jan 11 016

This tastes great with a little bit of milk poured over top!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...