Friday, September 30, 2011

7 Quick Takes (Vol 55)

1. I can’t believe that it’s already Friday! Despite that fact that by the end of today, I’ll have worked nearly 50 hours, this week seems to have flown by. Thank goodness, because there were a few days that were pretty rough, considering I was working with a sick/teething baby.

2. Speaking of being sick, I was sick last weekend. I made the mistake of ignoring it and going out on Saturday, so I really paid the price on Sunday. I’ve got to learn to take better care of myself.

3. I’ve got two laptops. One, was a present from Stephen when I first moved in with him. It’s a cheap laptop, that I had spilled juice all over. Stephen decided to try and fix it by removing all the keys to clean it up, but that made it worse. When we signed up for Telus internet, we got a free laptop as part of their promotion, so I started using that one instead. I don’t know what happened, but the cord stopped working and the laptop would no longer charge; back to the crappy laptop I went. This past week though, we finally ordered a new cord for the good laptop, and I’m back to using it again! That probably wasn’t an exciting story for you, but I’m just thankful to be typing on a keyboard that has all of its keys intact!

4. Stephen has had a long week as well (working doubles Wednesday and Thursday), so I thought I’d give him a little pick me up. I bought him two cans of Red Bull and his favorite chocolate bar (Snickers) to help him get through today. I also stuck a little card with it to remind him how much I appreciate everything he does for us. It’s the little things that make a difference.

5. My nanny family has two cats that are free to come and go from their house throughout the day. I just got a text from MomBoss that says one of the cats hasn’t been home since Wednesday night. I’m kind of worried about Cadbury now, I hope he comes home safe this weekend.

6. Tonight is girls night! We’ll be heading to a Moroccan restaurant for dinner. I’m ready for a good night out.

7. Tomorrow, I’ll be having my sister over to work on her Save the Dates and then my parents will be coming over for dinner.

What are your plans for the weekend?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...