Friday, September 23, 2011

7 Quick Takes (Vol 54)

1. Last week, I completely forgot to blog on Friday. I’ve been blogging at work in the mornings while Baby E naps, but it slipped my mind that I worked with my Friday boys instead, which means that I don’t have access to a computer. Oops.

2. I’ve already worked 40 hours this week, and I’ve still got around 9ish more to go today. I’m a little sleep deprived!

3. I’m taking my Friday boys to the zoo today. I’ve gone to the zoo dozens of times and taken hundreds of pictures, but never with my new camera, so I’m kind of excited to play around with it today! I’m also thinking it may be time to get a zoo pass.

4. Stephen and I watched The X Factor last night. He just likes watching people make a fool of themselves during auditions, so I figured I would humor him and we’d watch it together. What I didn’t expect is that I would like it, more than American Idol! (I gave up on American Idol after 2 seasons.) I’m going to try out a few more episodes and see if I continue liking the show.

5. Now that we have a PVR, I feel like I need to watch all the shows. I’ve set so many to record during the past two weeks that I’m not sure if I’ll be able to keep up with them all! Up All Night, New Girl, and Whitney all seem to be ones that Stephen likes as well, so at least I can watch them with him.

6. Tomorrow is Baconfest, and Stephen and I have tickets to go! To be honest, I’m not quite sure what’s going on there other than it’s a fundraiser and there’s bacon involved. I do know that there’s a bacon eating contest, and Jelly Modern and Crave will be there with bacon flavored treats. Oh, and the food trucks will be making an appearance. I’m really excited about that because they’re still relatively new to Calgary and I’ve been dying to track one down! You know there’ll be a post about all of this next week.

7. Oh, and to end off our Saturday evening, we’ll be having some friends over for dinner. Their 2 year old daughter can’t pronounce my name, so she calls me “Lala”, which I think is adorable. I’m excited!

How was your week? What are your plans for the weekend?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...