Thursday, September 8, 2011

Lion Cupcakes

A couple of weeks ago, I invited one of the girls that I used to nanny over to hang out for a few hours. I gave her a few options of things that we could do, but she wanted to bake. She’s a girl after my own heart!

August 28 038

This isn’t so much a recipe, as it is just showing off these sweet cupcakes that we made. I just used a chocolate cupcake recipe, and made some buttercream frosting that I colored orange. We made a trip to the store to pick up Twizzlers Pull & Peel (for the mane) and some M&Ms (for the eyes and nose). We used some Apple Jacks for the ears, and more Twizzlers for the mouth. It was quite the time consuming project; I believe we spent at least three hours on this from start to finish. Oh, I should mention that we were inspired by my Hello Cupcake book!

August 28 039

August 28 043

August 28 044

As you can see, these cupcakes are extremely silly. They won’t win any decorating awards, but that’s perfectly ok, because we had a blast making them! We even had a few leftover cupcakes that we went overboard on:

August 28 047

Have you baked anything lately?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...