Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Out of Character

While I’m working, Baby E may take several naps throughout the day, with his afternoon nap being the longest. Since there’s not a whole lot for me to do while he’s sleeping, I’ll often watch TV. Daytime TV isn’t all that exciting, so I’ve started watching whatever my Nanny Family happens to have on their PVR. They don’t watch too many of the same shows that I like, so this has lead me to trying out new shows, which has lead me to like some shows that are really out of character for me.

First up:

deadliest_catch

I think my Nanny Family started recording Deadliest Catch during some sort of marathon, because there seemed to be a lot of episodes missing. Really though, a show about Alaskan King Crabbing boats? Not normally my thing, at all. I was super bored one day though, and got hooked on this show. Stephen was absolutely surprised when I told him how much I loved it!

Next up:

billy-the-exterminator-0

I have to admit that I had no intention of ever giving this show a try. I know that I shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, but I did exactly that. Billy dresses a little out there for me, so I just wrote him off. I got to work one morning, and Baby E’s Aunt started talking about this show, telling me all about the cute baby racoons that they had caught. I’m a sucker for cute baby animals, so I gave it a try. Well, they were adorable and I was instantly hooked. I may get a bit squeamish when they have to catch large amounts of bugs, but it’s like a train wreck; I just can’t look away. I’m currently working my way through the 25 episodes that they have recorded.

Are there any shows that people would be surprised to know you watch? Please share, I’m always looking for a new show to watch!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...