Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Why I Love My Job

Some days, my job can be so difficult that I question why I ever wanted to work with kids. Some days it can be so bad that it makes me rethink having my own kids someday. Luckily, those days are far outnumbered by the good days. This list is here to remind me of the reasons that I love my job, and the two nanny families that I work for.

  • Baby C’s house has a lot of hardwood floors in it, which are perfect for sock sliding. Have a you ever played a game of chase (baby chases you) and you got to sock slide all over the upper floor? So much fun.
  • Baby C takes 2 hour naps in the afternoon. I’m free to do as I please, which includes napping in the rocking chair beside his crib.
  • Teaching Baby C sign language, and having him actually catch on and repeat it back to me. Best feeling ever.
  • My Starbucks/Petland/Chapter’s mornings with T. We start off at Petland to visit the animals, then we make our way over to Starbucks for coffee/juice and a donut, then it’s off to Chapter’s to play with the train table.
  • Taking T on a “date” to the mall. It was supposed to be a cookie date, then he wanted a Starbucks date, but in the end, his Mom slipped him some money for popcorn, so it ended up being a cheesy popcorn and kid’s play area kind of date.
  • I have a friend who’s a nanny and she looks after a boy who is T’s age. We get together often for play dates. Not only do the boys get along well, but I get to see my friend during work!
  • Good coffee at work. T’s family has a Nespresso, and it makes dang good coffee. YUM!
  • The freedom to run errands while at work. As long as I throw fun things in there for T as well, I can make short stops at the scrapbook store and Walmart, if needed!

This list can go on and on, but I just wanted you guys to see why I probably have the best job ever.
What do you like about your job?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...