Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cupcake Fondue

While making my way through my usual round of blogs, I came across this post by Amanda from Bake It Pretty. It was love at first sight! I found it a few weeks before my birthday, and knew that I had to try it out on my family. If you’re absolutely clueless as to what cupcake fondue is, here’s the gist of it: you make a batch of frosting, dip your favorite mini cupcake in it, and then garnish with pretty sprinkles!

February 6 022

I have to warn you, it looks rather childish, especially because there’s no need for a flame under your fondue pot. When I introduced the concept to my family, most of them gave me strange looks. Once they tried it out though? Everyone loved it! I didn’t double check to make sure I had enough icing sugar, so my frosting was a bit thinner than I would have liked. Didn’t stop anyone from liking it. The mini cupcakes I baked are just a plain white cupcake, but they were jazzed up a little bit by some almond extract. They taste great on their on as well, as my Mom and sister would attest. Enjoy!

White Cupcakes
From 125 Best Cupcake Recipes by Julie Hasson

(Printable Recipe)

1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup room temperature butter
2 egg whites
1 tsp almond extract
2/3 cup buttermilk

February 6 015

1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. Beat together sugar and butter. Add in egg whites, one at a time, beating well after each edition. Stir in almond extract.
4. Mix in flour mixture and buttermilk alternately, making three additions of the flour mixture and two of buttermilk. Beat until smooth.
5. Pour into greased muffin tins, and bake for 10 minutes (for mini cupcakes) or 20-25 minutes (for regular cupcakes).

February 6 017February 6 018
{Make sure you use your super cute new cupcake tray!}

Fondue Recipe
From Bake It Pretty

3 cups icing sugar
1/3 cup milk
2 tbsp light corn syrup

Whisk together above ingredients. If too thick, add a drop of milk. If too thin, and a bit more icing sugar until desired consistency is achieved.

Stick your frosting in a fondue pot, lay out mini cupcakes and assorted sprinkles, and have fun dipping!

February 6 051February 6 052

{My sister has a great dipping technique!}

February 6 053

February 6 046

February 6 056

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...