Thursday, February 17, 2011

Pink Lemonade Cupcakes

Last week, I planned and hosted a Valentine’s Day party for the 4 year old boy that I nanny. His Mom gave me full reign over the party, her only request was that we decorate cupcakes. Done deal! Since it was Valentine’s themed, I wanted something a little bit festive. I originally thought of red velvet cupcakes, but those are expected, you know?

February 13 013

I consulted my favorite cupcake book (125 Best Cupcake Recipes) and came across the winner: Pink Lemonade Cupcakes. These were a great choice because not only are they festive with their pink color, but I found that the flavor was subtle enough to please a crowd of four year olds. As much fun as I would have had doing so, this was not a time to try out a crazy new recipe. These were extra special for T because he helped me bake them, and he adored being able to pour in actual pink lemonade concentrate. He was so pumped about that! I also whipped up a plain buttercream, and colored it some fun colors. The kids went to town smearing frosting all over their cupcakes and covering them in glitter. No pictures of the frosted cupcakes though; I took pictures of those with MomBoss’ camera, but forgot to do so with my own.

Pink Lemonade Cupcakes
125 Best Cupcake Recipes by Julie Hasson

(Printable Recipe)

1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 egg whites
1/3 cup frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
1/4 cup buttermilk
2-3 drops red food coloring

February 13 001

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2. In a small bow, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, oil, egg whites and lemonade concentrate. Alternately mix in flour mixture and buttermilk, making three additions of the flour mixture and two of buttermilk. Add enough food coloring to turn the batter your desired shade of pink.
3. Scoop into cupcake liners and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.

February 13 019February 13 020

February 13 016

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...