Thursday, February 3, 2011

Monster Cookies

I love these cookies because they’re fast and easy to whip up. They’re also great for using up little odds and ends in your baking stash. I bet everyone and their mother has a recipe for monster cookies, but I happen to really like this recipe. I believe it may be a Paula Deen recipe, but I copied it down off the internet onto a piece of paper ages ago, before this blog even existed, so I’m not too sure. I like making my monster cookies small, but they’d be fun if you shaped them bigger too. Just be sure to adjust the baking times accordingly.

February 2 023

Monster Cookies

(Printable Recipe)

3 eggs
1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 12oz jar smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 cup M&M’s
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup raisins
2 tsp baking soda
4 1/2 cups quick oats

February 2 003

1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs and sugars, and beat well. Mix in salt, vanilla, peanut butter and butter. Beat well.
3. Stir in M&M’s, chocolate chips, raisins, baking soda and quick oats.
4. Drop by rounded tablespoonful onto cookies sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes.

Note: I typically use what I have on hand, which happened to be mini M&M’s, chocolate chips, raisins and peanuts. Set your timer for the first time (8 mins) and then check on the cookies, as I find that these can burn easily.

February 2 027

February 2 032

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...