Friday, February 18, 2011

On Job Pains...

To make a long story short, and to save you from the inevitable whining/rambling that is about to happen in this post: I'm job hunting again.

On Monday, my MWF family (where I look after 13 month old Baby C) informed me that after today, I will no longer be needed. I was told that it's because Baby C is doing so well that there's just no need for me anymore. It's not because of something bad that I did, but instead, it seems to be because of everything I did right. I don't want to sound arrogant, but it comes across as I did my job so well that I rendered myself useless. You would think that should be a compliment to my nanny skills, but it's still tough.

In retrospect, I should have known that this job wouldn't last long, but that doesn't make it any easier on my heart. In this job, a person can really grow to love the children she looks after, and leaving them is never easy. I feel like I was making such good progress with Baby C, so to have that yanked away from me is hard. I know that in the end, this will be best for me, especially because (as any of you who have talked with me outside of this blog would know) there were many aspects about this particular job that were not right for me. I won't go into it here, but I just have to keep reminding myself that this will work out in the end.

Now begins the tedious task of job hunting. 90% of my computer time will now be spent searching job postings and replying to emails. I'll quickly grow to despise opening my laptop. The good news is that I have already had one job interview. I prefer not to talk too much about how the interviews go, so you probably won't hear much after this post, at least not until I find another job.

Some of you may be wondering how things are going with my Tuesday/Thursday family. Things are going really well with them, and in fact, they're one of my top two families that I've worked for. I'm treated well, I get along fabulously with the kids and we have fun. I really couldn't ask for a better family to work for. Once a nanny finds the right family, it really does feel like she has the best job in the world.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...