Friday, February 4, 2011

7 Quick Takes (Vol 27)

1. To start off this post, I’m going to promote two really awesome bloggers.
There’s Kolton’s Mama, which is written by Stephen’s brother’s girlfriend; Sharon. Remember her? I’ve written about her before. She’s new to the blogging world and could use some loving. Besides, I know you’re just dying to see what my nephew is up to.
And then there’s Too Much Thought For Facebook, which is written by my sister’s boyfriend; Daniel. I don’t know about you, but my Google Reader is seriously lacking good male bloggers. I have maybe one or two, so I was really happy to see that Daniel took up blogging. He’s hilarious, and won’t disappoint.

Edit: Make that three bloggers, as my baby sister just started blogging (again)! Go check her out at Playpen. She's pretty awesome, and is a good read, especially if you like hearing about tattoos and piercings. That's not all she writes about though, so go see more for yourself!

2. I started the 365 photo challenge on the first. It was on my 101 in 1001 list, so I figured it’s better late than never. I don’t plan on posting the pictures here too often, but they may make an appearance every so often.

3. We’ve been nearly out of butter all week, and it’s been driving me nuts. I’ve been wanting to bake something, but the desire to go to the grocery store just isn’t there.

4. I took T to story time at the library yesterday. Turns out, my high school English teacher was there (Hi Ms. Nordean!) I didn’t recognize her at first, but I’m so glad that she came to say hi. T won’t be returning to the last three classes due to other commitments, so I’m pretty sad because she was one of my favorite teachers in high school.

5. T’s new favorite thing to say is booyah. It’s hilarious to hear him say that when we’re doing things like bake banana bread or when he’s just excited to get off the bus.

6. Tomorrow is my birthday. I’m going to be a quarter of a century old! Ridiculous. I’ll be having family over for dinner, and perhaps some cupcake fondue. (Post about that to come next week.)

7. As a birthday present (and since he has to work) I asked Stephen to feed the guinea pigs, make me some coffee and bring me my laptop in bed. Sounds like the perfect way to wake up!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...