Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

Ten on Tuesday

#48

1. Growing up, what was one favorite item that you had to have with you at all times?
This is a tough one. I don’t remember ever having a blankie or even a favorite stuffed animal that I carried everywhere. I suppose when I learned how to read, you would never find me without a book. Even now, I almost always have one in my purse.

2. Being an adult, what is one favorite item that you have to have with you at all times, and what happens if you do not have it with you? Do you lose your sanity or just go back home to get it?
Maybe this is silly, but my cell phone. If I don’t have it with me, I go back home and get it.

3. Where is your favorite place to be to just hide away from everything and breathe for a moment?
If I’m at home, then it’s in my bed under the covers. No, not with my head under. It’s the best place to have a good cry. If I’m not at home, then I lock myself in a bathroom for a few minutes to regroup.

4. What is your favorite thing about your partner? (If you don’t have a partner, then someone who is very close and will always be in your life)
I love how calm and grounded Stephen is. He keeps me sane and brings me down back to earth.

5. What is your favorite thing about your job? (If you don’t have a job, then what is your favorite thing that you do during your day?)
There’s so many things that I love about my job! I guess the main thing would be the relationships that I form with the kids. They mean so much to me.

6. What is your favorite lesson that your parents taught you growing up? Looking back, is it something that you want to use to teach your children when they reach that age?
Love unconditionally. Doesn’t matter who they are, where they come from or what they do, love them and accept them for who they are. I’ll definitely be passing that along to my future kids.

7. What is your favorite song, that will always bring a smile to your face and make you think of something happy?
An old stand-by for me is always Fishin’ in the Dark by The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band. I especially love when my sister sings along with me. So fun!

8. What is your favorite things about being an American? (If you not American, what are you proud of in regards to your country)
My favorite thing about being a Canadian is our kindness. What? That’s not a lame answer, it’s true.
Ok, Canada is beautiful. I love it here.

9. What is your favorite meal that reminds you of being a child?
I don’t really have any foods that remind me of being a child, which is a little strange when I think about it. I grew up perogies and home fries though. I always ask my Mom to make them for me.

10. Name 3 things that other people would say are their favorite thing about you.
My dependability, my compassion and my loyalty.
(At least, that’s what I hope other people like about me.)

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...