Friday, September 17, 2010

In Which I Talk About My Job (Again).

I don’t really have seven different things to talk about, so I scrapped 7 Quick Takes this week. Let’s get right to business:

At the end of work on Monday, I was told that I would no longer be needed. Apparently the Dad's schedule changed and they couldn't keep me on. I was so stunned that I didn't question it or say goodbye to the girls; I just left. That's right, a week after I started the job, I was let go (fired?) with absolutely no warning.

After a meltdown (I'm just being honest here), I got to work looking for a new job. My situation was trickier this time because I'm committed to a family on Tuesdays and Thursdays and only needed work on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I decided to post an ad on Kijiji, and the next day I had an interview. It went so well that I actually had my first day yesterday! I still feel like this is surreal. I was prepared to be job hunting for a while, but didn't even have a day off. Apparently Nannies are in high demand.

The new family I’m working with consists of only an 8 month old boy. What do I even do with myself? Seriously. I’m so used to working with at least 4 kids, that anything less seems like a walk in the park. I’m still trying to figure out how I feel about this family/how they feel about me, so we’ll see how it goes. I start day #2 today, hopefully it goes well.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...