Wednesday, September 8, 2010

On What’s Happening Now…

I’ve been asked about a hundred times what I’m doing in terms of work now, and this is the post where I let you know what’s happening now.

In case you’ve been living under a rock, I’ve stopped working for my Nanny Family. What you didn’t know though, is that I’ve also stopped working for my Friday Family. I wasn’t fired, and I’m not entirely sure if I quit. I realized that makes absolutely no sense, but the circumstances leading up to that decision aren’t exactly something that I want to stick on my blog and leave out in the open, just in case things get misconstrued. There’s no hard feelings, and I hope to/the Mom wants me to still see the kids. Honestly, I’m probably making this situation out to sound worse than it is, but I’m just being overly cautious. (If you’re dying of curiosity, you can email me to find out the story. It’s probably not as exciting as you’re expecting though.)

Anyway, now that we’ve got that out of the way, let’s move on to my life at the moment. I’ve found new families to work with. Yes, plural. I couldn’t find any families that were offering full time hours, so I decided to pick up work with two families offering part time hours. I’m sure if I had waited, I could have found a full time family. To be honest though, I would have gone stir crazy if I was unemployed for very long. I don’t know what to do with myself when I have too much time off. Since Stephen works opposite hours from me, I get rather lonely at home. I was unemployed for a total of two days. I can’t even begin to tell you how thankful I am to have found work so quickly, I’m truly blessed.

Family #1 consists of two young girls (1 and 3 years old). We’re together Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I’m only working half days with them. Family #2 consists of two brothers and a cousin, (3 and 6 years old x2). We’re together Tuesday and Thursday, for a full day. I’ve got the 3 year old for the day, and then the brother and cousin come home in the afternoon. It’s been forever since I’ve worked (exclusively) with kids this young. It’s also been a while since I’ve so little kids to look after! I don’t even know what to do with myself! I’m still in the beginning stages with these families, and truth be told, I’m still nervous that it might not work out. I don’t know why I’m nervous, because so far, I’m loving them! It’s just who I am, I stress over nothing.

So there you have it. My work life in a nutshell. I still haven’t figured out what I’m going to refer to these families as on my blog, so I’m open to suggestions. I’ve toyed with “MWF Family” and “TT Family”. Do I confuse the heck out of you guys when I talk about the families that I work with?

If you read through this entire post, kudos to you. Thanks for all of the support you guys have given me lately. I’ve got some amazing blog friends.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...