Friday, September 10, 2010

7 Quick Takes (Vol 15)

7 quick takes

1. I’ve been working with my new families this week, and I’d say that things are going really well so far. I’m loving the kids, they’re all so ridiculously adorable. One of the best parts? I’m not expected to do as much housework as I was with my last family. I have more time to play!

2. I’ve been trying to adjust to a new sleeping schedule. Monday, Wednesday, Friday, I don’t have to be up until 7am. I tend to let myself stay up just a little bit later because of that. Tuesday and Thursday, I have to be up at 5am. By lunch time, I already feel like I’ve been working forever, and by 9pm, I’m ready for bed. I’ll find a happy medium at some point.

3. With my Tuesday, Thursday Family, they live close to where my nanny friend works. This means that we’ll still be able to meet up every so often. My youngest boy and her oldest boy are just about the same age, so we’re excited to let them have play dates. You don’t realize how much you crave adult interaction until you’re completely stripped of it for an entire work day. Even a 45 minute play date can make a huge difference!

4. One of the perks of being a nanny is getting to play with fancier coffee makers than the one I own. (I only use them with permission!) I may have gotten a little too excited and had two cups of coffee at work yesterday. It was just so good! I’ll be making sure not to let that develop into a habit. Now to convince Stephen that buying a $300 coffee machine is a wise investment…

5. I realize that practically everyone says this, but I can’t believe that it’s already September. The weather here has already taken a big turn: it’s been cold and rainy this week. It’s dark when I wake up in the morning, and doesn’t warm up until lunch time (if at all). I’ve already been discussing Thanksgiving plans with my sister! (Canadian Thanksgiving is near the beginning of October.)

6. We’re finally going grocery shopping this afternoon. Most people don’t find that blog worthy, but when you’ve gone as long as we have without doing a proper grocery shop, then you would feel the same way as me. I think we just got lazy and didn’t feel like making the trek over to Superstore to do our major shopping. We’ve been doing little grocery store runs here and there, and I’m tired of not having any food. We get this way every couple of months.

7. Kim and her husband are coming over tonight for a game night. I’m pretty excited!
What are you up to this weekend?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...