Thursday, September 16, 2010

Honey Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars

Baking With Angela

Last week, I had Kim and Blair (from Blair’s Girls) over for a games night. I had to work that day, and then go grocery shopping. Grocery shopping took longer than expected, so I needed something quick to throw together. Browsing through my recipes, I knew that this would be the perfect fix, and I was right! Everyone loved them, and went back for seconds and thirds. Next time I make these, I’ll cut down on the honey and add more peanut butter. They are super chewy and probably a little bit addictive.
September 14 026

Honey Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars
Adapted from Crepes of Wrath

(Printable Recipe)

1 cup crunchy peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup honey
6 cups honey nut Cheerios
September 14 004

1. Grease a 9x13 baking dish and set aside. In a small sauce pan over medium heat, bring the sugar and honey to a boil. Once sugar is dissolved, remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until melted.

2. Pour Cheerios into a large mixing bowl and stir in the honey-peanut butter mixture. Stir until well coated.

3. Spread the cereal mixture into your baking dish. Smooth out with a wooden spoon that has been greased. Set aside until set.
September 14 007 September 14 023 September 14 021

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...