Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Inglewood Bird Sanctuary

Over the summer, I was looking for cheap/free things to do. Preferably things that I hadn’t done before. While aimlessly Googling things one night, I stumbled upon the Inglewood Bird Sanctuary. I was immediately intrigued because I didn’t even realize that Calgary had a bird sanctuary! I stuck it on my summer list and figured I would get to it. Obviously, I never got around to it during the summer, but I’m so glad that I didn’t.

Bird Sanctuary&Light the Night 009 Bird Sanctuary&Light the Night 016

Most of September has been rainy, but last weekend, it suddenly warmed up quite a bit. I figured it was the perfect time to get outside and enjoy a beautiful Saturday, so I rounded up my sisters and some friends, and organized a trip to the bird sanctuary.

Bird Sanctuary&Light the Night 035 Bird Sanctuary&Light the Night 058

I am so glad that I waited until fall to go because I was overwhelmed by how gorgeous everything was surrounded by yellow leaves. Sure, we didn’t see too many birds, but we did catch a glimpse of several fawn.

Bird Sanctuary&Light the Night 078 Bird Sanctuary&Light the Night 106

We ended off our little walk with a big picnic feast. I love when everyone contributes a little something to the meal. I think we spent more time sitting around the picnic table then we did wandering the trail. In my books, I’ll count this as a perfect fall day.

Bird Sanctuary&Light the Night 056 Bird Sanctuary&Light the Night 118

What’s your idea of a perfect fall day?

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...