Friday, September 24, 2010

7 Quick Takes (Vol 16)

7 quick takes

1. I feel like my life is becoming increasingly boring lately. All I do is work, and then on the weekends, I have people over to my apartment instead of going out. Doesn’t make for very interesting blog posts, which has definitely been showing the past two weeks.

2. With that being said, is there anything you’d like to see on my blog? Any particular topics you’d like me to blog about? I’m open to suggestions!

3. Work this week has been better. Things with my MWF baby are finally settling into place, and I’m working on getting him on a schedule. It’s tough because he’s never been on a schedule before, and now I have to work one out for him.

4. Tuesday was a bit of a challenge for me though. T has swimming lessons on Tuesdays, but this week, he refused to go. I got him changed, but all I could get him to do is sit beside me in front of the pool. Every time I tried to walk away, he would cry. Hopefully this doesn’t become a weekly problem.

5. Wednesday night, we had dinner with some friends that I went to high school with. Ok, we weren’t necessarily friends in high school, more like good acquaintances, but when we found out that we live so close together, we decided to make plans to hang out. We started off having dinner at their apartment, then we walked over to our apartment for dessert and a game of Settlers of Catan. It was fun!

6. I spent all day yesterday in bed with a migraine. I used to get them fairly often as a kid, but only get them rarely now. When I get one, my whole day is shot, and I can’t do anything but lay around the apartment. Thankfully, I had yesterday off (my Tuesday Thursday family is away), so I had the luxury of laying around.

7. The weather around here has been all over the map. I’ve gone to work a couple of times now to find snow covering the rooftops in the north part of the city. It usually melts before the morning is over, but I don’t like that it’s a reminder of what’s to come rather soon. Luckily, the past two days have been beautiful compared to the past few weeks. Let’s hope the sun sticks around for a while longer. The cloudy gray skies don’t do much to make me happy.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...