Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

Ten on Tuesday #32
Questions by Chelsea

1. What is your favorite piece of furniture in your house?
Right now, I really don’t have one. Our furniture is reasonably presentable, despite the fact that our couch has a long tear in the middle cushion. We’ve got what I like to call “starting out” furniture, meaning that none of it’s new. Well, Stephen bought his own bedroom set (bed, dresser, nigh stands) before we moved in together, but they’re not my style. The only new piece of furniture that we’ve bought together is his computer chair. How’s that for an answer? I always talk way too much.

2. If it was raining so hard on a Saturday that you couldn’t leave your house, what would you spend the day doing?
Catch up on blogs, bake, watch movies, clean the apartment. Pretty much the same things I would have done if it weren’t raining and didn’t want to go out.

3. What was your favorite candy as a child?
I loved five cent candies! Watermelon slices, cherry blasters, Swedish berries…gummy candies mostly. (Someone on my facebook said that they’ve raised the price to ten cents. Not cool.)

4. Did you get an allowance? What was it based on? What did you do with it?
There was only a short period of time that we got an allowance, and I don’t really remember it being based on anything. We always had chores to do, regardless of an allowance. Also, my parents didn’t really have the extra money to dishing out to their three girls every week. If they had the extra money, and we were deserving of it, we would get it (within reason, obviously).

5. Do you have a favorite Etsy store?
Can I just say Etsy in general? It honestly depends on my mood at the time. Right now, it’s any store that has craft supplies (tags, ribbons, homemade stamps). There are a few with prints that I am dying to buy, although I’m not sure I can convince Stephen that we need more artwork for our tiny apartment. Maybe when we move into a house.

6. Do you prefer time with family or time with friends?
It depends on my mood, but for the most part, my family are also my friends. When I have a part, I call up and invite my sisters and sometimes my parents. My friends have never seemed to mind that my parents are there…although I still haven’t figured out yet if that makes me incredibly lame. Whatever. If they didn’t like it, they wouldn’t come.

7. Looney Tunes, Tiny Toons, or Animaniacs?
Looney Tunes.

8. Best daytime talk show: Oprah, Ellen, The Doctors, Tyra (ha!), Dr. Oz, or Dr. Phil?
Ellen, by far. Sometimes (if nothing else was on), I’d watch Tyra. Most of the time though, I was never at home when daytime talk shows were on, and now I don’t have cable. I still love Ellen though!

9. Would you rather have the power of invisibility or the ability to fly?
The ability to fly. It would make getting around so much easier.

10. Name 1 thing you love about being an adult.
My own place to live. I love turning a house into a home.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...