Friday, May 14, 2010

7 Quick Takes (Vol 2)

7 quick takes

Conversion Diary

1. I write the majority of my blog posts before the date that they are actually posted. Depending on how organized I am, or when inspiration strikes me, this can be anywhere from the night before or the week before. I’m currently writing this the night before (Thursday night). I’m sitting on my balcony, freshly showered and in my pajamas. I should probably be in bed, since I have to be up at 5am, but I really couldn’t resist the peacefulness out here. I live on a relatively busy street, so my peacefulness is probably one that only a full blown city girl would love. I can still hear a homeless guy pushing his shopping cart down the street, but it is what it is.

2. I love this time of year. It’s finally warming up (keep your fingers crossed that it doesn’t snow again any time soon), and the grass is green again. People are planting flowers, and now I’m just waiting on more trees to grow some leaves. On Wednesday evening, I sat on my balcony (I’ll be there permanently this summer) eating supper, reading blogs and drinking an iced caramel latte. To the people at the bus stop across the street who could see me, I’m sorry. I was you just a short hour before, which is why I rewarded myself with an iced latte. Hopefully when the leaves grow on the tree next to my balcony, the people across the street won’t have such a great view of what I’m doing.

3. Stephen and I were lucky enough to swing another day off together on Thursday. We took our guinea pigs on their first trip to the park, it was so nice lounging around in the grass. The guinea pigs seemed to love chasing each other and eating as much grass as they could handle. We even picked some to take home. That night, we treated ourselves to a movie (Iron Man 2) and a quick bite to eat. It’s the first date night we’ve had in who knows how long. You know what else is awesome? Stephen is working opening shifts all weekend. This means I’ll actually get to see him and spend time with him!

4. Kim over at Talk Less Say More posted this on Monday. I felt like she had peeked into my brain and pulled out my thoughts and wrote them down. Read it if you’d like to see what things have been like between Stephen and I lately.

5. We’re going to attempt the Body World’s exhibit (again) on Sunday. I’ll then have everyone over afterward so that my Dad can finally get the Rum Carrot Cake that he’s been begging me for. You can probably expect a recipe in the next few weeks, it’s a good one.

6. I’ve been day dreaming a lot lately of the next place we’ll rent after this one. We both want a house, so that we can have more space. I decided to torture myself by looking at places online. Let’s just say I’ve already found the perfect place, and the rent is cheaper than what we’re paying now. I’m not ready to leave this apartment just yet, but it’s nice to know that there’s other places out there.

7. I have no idea how I used to manage the 5am mornings all the time. (Quick back story: When I started with my nanny family, I would start work at 7am. This September, J started kindergarten, so now I don’t have to be up until 8am.) My Friday job gets me up at 5am, and I’m beat by the time lunch rolls around. When I first started dating Stephen, I would regularly get up at 5am, and then stay up until 2 or 3am on Fridays so that I could hang out with him and his roommate. I have no idea how I ever functioned.

I’m sorry this entire post was about Stephen. I never intended for it to turn out that way, but it’s hard to get him off my mind when I’ve got him around for once.
Have a fantastic weekend!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...