Monday, May 10, 2010

101 in 1001: Update

First off, I just wanted to let you guys know that I didn’t get to make it to see the Body World’s Exhibit on Saturday. I made the mistake of not realizing that you needed to pre-buy your tickets for a certain time, so there weren’t any available tickets for when we wanted to go. Not really sure what I was thinking with that one, but no one else caught, so apparently I wasn’t alone in not realizing it. We’re going to buy tickets for this coming Sunday instead.
**********

Original list can be found here.

#48: Find a new bakery to love.

Yann While browsing the internet, I came across the website for Yann Haute Patisserie.
I started looking around their website, and immediately became smitten with the thought of buying macarons, croissants and baguettes. I bookmarked the website, hoping to make the trip with Stephen on a day off.

This past Saturday, Stephen had the day off and since we missed Body Worlds, I convinced him that this was the time to finally go to Yann’s. This bakery is located just a few short blocks down the street from me, in a charming yellow house. We were both pleasantly surprised to find the interior to be completely white, which made a nice backdrop for all of the colorful macarons. Since we went a bit later than I would have liked, most of the baked goods had been sold out (the website even said that they often sell out on Saturdays and will close early). We were left with several choices of macarons, and decided to pick up six of them. I believe they were $1.90 each.

macarons 019

I am such a sucker for the gorgeous colors of them! The flavors we picked up were: 2 Cherry (the dark red), 2 Peanut Butter and Jelly (the purple), 1 Rose-Litchi (the pink) and…well, I can’t remember the last one, as it was Stephen’s. I loved all of the ones I ate. Stephen liked his, but when he tried a bite of my rose-litchi macaron, he was grossed out by the fact that it tastes like a flower!

The lady behind the counter was incredibly helpful and quick to offer her favorites when asked. I hope to make a return trip, earlier in the day so I can snatch up some croissants and pains au chocolat!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...