Monday, March 8, 2010

Things That Make Me Sad.

Every time I see a commercial, or read a blog post about someone using any one of these, the baker in me cringes and cries, all that the same time. Maybe you guys will give me heck for even posting this, but I want everyone to know the things that make me sad:

bisquickThis is my number one offender. I cannot stand pancakes from a mix (sorry Mom). It doesn’t matter what kind of pancake mix you use, I just don’t like it. I’ll eat it to be polite, but it doesn’t mean I’m enjoying it. It doesn’t take that much extra effort to make pancakes from scratch. Trust me, it’s worth the “work”. 
img-thingThis one is new to me, I actually just discovered it today: Betty Crocker’s Cupcake Icing.  I just don’t get it. Icing in a can? Really? If you’re no good at using icing in a pastry bag, I doubt this will be any easier. Homemade icing is much tastier anyway.
This is the part where you’ll probably expect me to post a picture of boxed cake mix and store bought icing but…I’m trying very hard to restrain myself. I did grow up on the stuff, but I’d much rather put in the “extra work” (in quotations because I honestly don’t think it’s that much extra work for a basic cake) and make it all from scratch.

The pièce de résistance? Dr. Oetker’s Shaker products.
 blueberry.muffins shakerAll you do is add milk and shake. I don’t care how hard you to try to convince me, this isn’t baking.
These are the things I could come up with off the top of my head. I’ve probably left some things out, but after reading a blog post (I won’t mention which blog, because I have absolutely nothing against her!) I just had to get this out there, and one little Tweet wouldn’t have satisfied me.

(All images found via Google Image Search)

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...