Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

TenOnTuesday#23

1. When you were a senior in high school, what career did you think you’d choose? Did you? Why or why not?
I’ve always known that I should work with kids. By grade 12, I was really wanting to become a teacher…as of right now, I’m not, I’m a nanny. There’s still time though!

2. What one thing about the “real world” did you find most surprising once you were on your own?
By the time I moved away from home, I feel like I was quite prepared for “the real world”. I haven’t been surprised by anything…yet.

3. Name 3 things you think your closest friends DON’T like about you.
Why do I have to focus on negative things? If my friends really truly didn’t like something about me, they would tell me. We like to keep it real.

4. In order to sleep, do you need background noise or absolute quiet?
I used to need absolute quiet. When I moved in with Stephen and his roommate, I started sleeping with the fan on to block out the late night noise (Stephen and the roomie are night owls, due to working late). When Stephen and I moved out on our own, into our current condo, I continued sleeping with the fan. Stephen’s still a night owl, and the way our tiny condo is situated, our TV is literally right outside our bedroom doors (which are french doors), so even if Stephen is being quiet, quite a bit of noise still gets in. How’s that for a long winded response?

5. Why do you choose to reside in your current city? Yes, you have a choice :-)
My whole family lives here, so that’s why I’ve stayed longer than I would really like. Stephen and I both love Vancouver, so I’m hoping that when we save up enough money, we can eventually make the move there. That could still be a few years away though.

6. Are you close to your parents?
I’d say that I’m pretty close with them! We have a pretty good relationship.

7. What is your favorite fiction book? Poem? Blog?
I don’t have just one favorite book, I have a list about a mile long!
I’ve never had a favorite poem, but ever since reading it in Jr. High, The Tell-tale Heart has stuck in my mind.
As for blogs…I can’t settle on just one. But, if I only have time to read one blog and I’m too impatient to wait, I’ll check to see if Bakerella has updated.

8. Do you enjoy cooking or is it a chore?
Cooking for myself is definitely a chore…and I cook for myself about 65% of the time. When I have the time, I actually kind of like cooking for Stephen and I!

9. Be honest. What one thing would (the majority of) your blog readers be shocked to find out about you?
Probably that I can be socially awkward at times. I get nervous about meeting new people (ok, who doesn’t?), and I feel like I fool. Doesn’t always happen though.

10. If you were given your own national holiday, what would you require people to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner on the Day of You? Would there be a parade? Greeting cards?
Crepes for breakfast. Lasagna for lunch. Perogies and french fries for dinner, and ice cream, cheesecake and cupcakes for dessert!!
There won’t be a parade, because everyone will be too busy staying home and cooking & baking all day with their families! Greeting cards will have to be homemade, and everyone will receive flowers from their loved ones! It would be such a happy day!!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...