Friday, March 5, 2010

Library Books

On Monday, Stephen and I had a rare day off together. After running some errands, I convinced him to come to the library with me. In the almost 2 years we’ve been dating, this has never happened. Stephen reads, but I can’t ever convince him to come to the library with me. Here’s a peek at what we both picked out.

AngelaBooksMy picks, from left to right: Big Fat Cookies by Elinor Klivans, Cookie Craft by Valerie Peterson & Janice Fryer, Salem Falls by Jodi Picoult and Second Glance by Jodi Picoult.

Andi and I have been talk about Jodi Picoult books quite a bit lately, and since I’ve only ever read My Sister’s Keeper (long before the movie), I figured I’d give it a try. I’m currently reading Salem Falls, and so far, so good! As for the two recipe books, would you really expect anything different from me? The next couple of weeks will probably involve a lot of recipes being copied down!

Stephens books2Stephen’s  picks, from left to right: Fix-It Magic by Joey Green, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen & Seth Grahame-Smith and Waiter Rant, by The Waiter.

Stephen and I both love random bits of knowledge. Did you know that if you sprinkle NoSalt on a wood log before burning, the flame will burn pink? What guy wouldn’t love a book with Zombies in the title? As for Waiter Rant, because Stephen works in the Restaurant industry, he was naturally drawn to it. I’m only hoping that I can become a speed reader so that I can burn through not only my library picks, but Stephen’s as well. He picked some good ones!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...