Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Blogging Through My School Years: Grade 3

You can find Kindergarten, grade 1 and grade 2 here.

Grade three was definitely one of my favorite years of school, all thanks to an amazing teacher; Mrs. Dalton. You could tell she was passionate about teaching, which she then passed on down to her students, making school all that much better. She would make us all little presents for each holiday. Little bookmarks and candy cane deer for Christmas. It’s the little touches that count!

It was my first year in a portable. For some reason, we thought this was so cool. Having class practically outside? Yes, please! In the warmer months, we’d often leave the door open and since my desk was right next to it, I’d get to see all sorts of exciting (to a third grader) things going on outside. There used to be a seagull that liked to hang out on our steps. My desk group and I named him Gully. Yeah, we’re that awesome.
Our favorite game to play at recess was to lie on our stomachs and peer under the portable, and then either play Bloody Mary or Baby Blue. Thinking back on this, I realize how odd I was as a kid!

Mrs. Dalton had some sort of reward system that involved Post-It notes. I don’t remember the specifics of it, but I believe we called it the “Sticky System”. You’d get a sticky for misbehaving, and if you reached a certain amount (I believe three) you got a pink one. Once you reached pink, you’d lose your reward for the week and get a note sent home. The rewards were typically candy and pencils, and it was pretty much the best thing ever. Since I like to talk a lot (seriously, I never shut up at school), I always had at least one sticky on my desk. I never got in enough trouble to lose my reward though!

I also developed my first crush this year: Ryan Campbell. He was everything a third girl dreamed of: blond hair, blue eyes, good looking and funny. Except you know what? That’s all I remember about him now. Guess it was never meant to be!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...