Sunday, December 27, 2009

A Week In Review

This has been a ridiculously hectic week.

  • I stayed up until 1am several nights in a row trying to get all of my Christmas baking done.
  • Stephen and I bought a new TV. (42” Plasma) Completely unexpected, but very loved.
  • Had my two uncles and one of their boyfriend’s over for supper on Wednesday night. It was their first time seeing my apartment, and they loved it! Stephen made amazingly yummy Thai food.
  • Christmas Eve, I woke up feeling sick. Don’t know where it came from, but it threw a hitch into my plans. I took a nap, and then started feeling better. I made it to my parent’s place that evening, in time to have pizza for supper. Definitely not our usual Christmas Eve supper, but it worked. Opened up Christmas pajamas spent some time with the family. It was a pretty low key Christmas Eve.
  • Christmas Day, woke up bright and early! Everyone opened their gifts, and holy heck were we spoiled! Stephen and I received everything we wanted (microwave, crock pot, tea kettle,  and griddle, among other things). Other family arrived later in the day, and we ate a yummy turkey dinner. I tried out my Great Grandma’s recipes for banana bread and pumpkin pie this year. I was so nervous about it because she makes the best ever pumpkin pie and banana bread (no joke, she’s been told this many times by other people), and I was worried I wouldn’t be able to duplicate her recipes. She’s also famous for leaving out an ingredient when sharing a recipe, so that added on the pressure. Turns out I had nothing to worry about. She gave me the correct recipes, and my banana bread and pumpkin pie tasted fantastic! Everyone was incredibly impressed with me.
  • Boxing Day: I didn’t go out and do any shopping. Instead, I slept in for the first time in forever. Met up with the fam later in the day for dinner over at  my Uncle’s house. Sang some Christmas carols and then called it a night.

After all is said and done, I think this was a pretty good Christmas! Definitely glad that it’s over now, and I can get back to a regular sleeping schedule!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...