Friday, December 11, 2009

Best of ‘09: Best Place

I can’t even narrow this down to one choice. How can you expect me to, when there are so many amazing places that I discovered this year? Instead of just one place, you’re going to get a list of the top places that I discovered this year.

-Vancouver’s West End: Love love love! This is exactly where I picture myself living in my twenties before getting married and having children. I adored walking down Davie St. every day and shopping on Robson St. I need to move to Vancouver, and soon.

-Inglewood in Calgary: I’ve lived in Calgary for nearly…ten years now, I believe. I hadn’t been to Inglewood until the end of this summer, and I loved it! There’s such a random collection of junk shops and beautiful shops all mixed in together, that I couldn’t even focus! Everywhere I turned there was something new and eclectic to look at.

-Nectar Desserts: I thought I had died and gone to heaven! This place is a dream to me. The desserts are so exquisitely wonderful and are exactly the type of thing that inspires me to be a better baker. The decor is so cute, I just wish they had more pictures on their website. They have tea parties on Sundays!!!! I seriously need to attend one. If you wear a hat, you get a discount! They even teach classes. I would love to attend The Secrets of French Macarons class, but unfortunately, $150 is out of my price range. I need to get myself back to this place, and soon! Anyone want to come with me?

-Mission: My new neighborhood! I hadn’t ever spent much time in Mission before, but I have fallen in love with it! We live in a fantastic area, close to 17th Ave, and close to a bunch of amazing restaurants and coffee shops! While eating at Earl’s the other night with Stephen, I was looking out the window, at the gently falling snow, the people and Christmas lights everywhere, and realized how in love with my neighborhood I am! This is exactly where I want to be living, since I can’t leave Calgary just yet.

2009 has been a year of discovery for me in terms of exploring my city. It’s made  me realize that Calgary may not be as awful as I make it out to be.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...