Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Week In Review

  1. I’ve been slacking on the Best of ‘09 updates. I started really excited about this project..but then started losing interest because the prompts weren’t ones that I came up with on my own. I find that as it gets later in the month, the prompts are things that I really don’t feel like writing about. Don’t get my wrong, Best of ‘09 is a fantastic idea, and I loved doing it while I did, but I think maybe it’s time for me to move on and do my own thing. Last year, I did a giant post (not on this blog), reviewing my year month by month. I posted a picture from each month and wrote a little blurb about the highlights. I think that’s much more my style, and I’m contemplating do that again.
  2. I finished work on Wednesday! I’m officially off until around the first week of January.
  3. I’ve had a couple of meltdowns this week. I’m not entirely sure what it is, but I’m guessing it’s the stress of everything that needs to be done. Thankfully I have an incredibly patient boy who loves me. I’m sure it’s been frustrating for him because I’m a big giant stress ball, but he’s been amazing.
  4. My best friend came home on Tuesday night! She goes to school in New Brunswick, so I haven’t seen her since the summer. I haven’t had a chance to see her yet, but we have plans to hang out tomorrow night. I’m so excited to catch up with her and give her her Christmas gift!!
  5. I went to a Christmas party last night. I really didn’t want to go at first, because I would know nobody there. I honestly spent all of Friday night trying to come up with excuses not to go, but since I couldn’t think of any, I gave in and went. I showed up half an hour early, to bring a pot so that the host could make mulled wine. No one even showed up to the party until at least an hour after it was supposed to start! Regardless, I had a relatively good time. I don’t drink wine normally (not a fan of the taste), but I promised Matt I would sample the mulled wine. I liked it, but discovered that red wine and I are not a good match. I ended up with a huge headache, and left the party earlier than I had intended. I’m sure everyone there thinks I’m a huge wimp, but that’s ok. Matt only lives several blocks away from me, so I had intended to walk home, by myself. At the party, Matt and his friend started telling stories about the bad things that have happened around our area, and it freaked me out! I called Stephen and made  asked him to come pick me up. He laughed, as I’m generally not the type of girl to get freaked out about walking 5 blocks alone.
  6. Stephen and I are heading out to do Christmas shopping today. I realize that this is a huge mistake, but it has to be done. I have never ever left my Christmas shopping to be done so close to Christmas, but this year, it just wasn’t possible for me to do it as early as I normally do. Now I’m stuck shopping for the next three days in overcrowded malls. Wish me luck. We’re heading to Crate & Barrel, and I couldn’t be more excited. I’ve never been before, but in my defence, Crate & Barrel is still relatively new to Calgary.
  7. I have a ton of Christmas baking to do over the next few days, so pray that I don’t go broke before I’m finished! I have a feeling there will be several late nights this week. I seem to be a midnight baker, and I’m not entirely sure why.
  8. Stephen and I did make it to Zoo Lights!! Since we had beautiful weather the night we went, everybody and their mother was there. It was so packed! I’m still glad we went though. I updated my facebook status with “Angela is at Zoo Lights…along with everybody else and their mother.” I received quite a few comments, all from friends telling me that they (and their mother’s!) weren’t at zoo lights. Ha. I have such funny friends.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...