Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

#11

1. When do you put up and take down your Christmas decorations?
I used to have strong feelings about this when I still lived with my parents. I always thought that the decorations should go up December 1st, and come down when kids were back in school (in January). This year though, Stephen surprised me with a Christmas tree and some ornaments for it, so my tree has been up since the last week of November, and I’m ok with that. I think I’ll take it all down a day or two after New Years.

2. What do you do to simplify the holiday season?
I try to get my shopping done as early as possible, because nothing is more stressful to me than last minute shopping. Due to circumstances beyond my control this year, I didn’t even start my shopping until this past Sunday. I was freaking out left, right and center over this. Thankfully Stephen came shopping with my on Sunday, and I just about finished it all in one day. Yesterday, I picked up my last two gifts, and all I have left to do is wrap!

3. What do you do to remind yourself and your family what the Christmas season is all about?
I try to spend as much time as possible with family and friends, and try not to emphasize the gift giving part. I know that’s not much, but my family and friends are pretty good about keeping in mind what Christmas is really about.

4. How do you spend Christmas Eve and Christmas Day?
Together with family, both days. We all gather at someone’s house (lately it’s been my parent’s) and we just spend as much time as possible together watching movies and eating a plethora of yummy food. It’s perfect.

5. What is your favorite Christmas tradition?
Driving around, looking at Christmas lights and listening to Christmas music at full blast. Preferably RuPaul’s Christmas cd.

6.  Did you do the whole Santa thing growing up? What do you like/not like about continuing the tradition?
If you’re talking about whether or not I believed in Santa, then yes. Whole-heartedly. My parents never even told me that Santa isn’t real, I just figured it out on my own and informed them that I knew. Despite knowing that he isn’t real, and despite the fact that I am 23 years old, I still get Santa gifts. I can’t wait to have my own kids to continue the Santa tradition.

7. What is your favorite Christmas cookie?
This is a tough one, because I don’t really have a favorite Christmas cookie. Nobody in my family bakes Christmassy cookies per say, but I love them all anyway.

8. How do you take your egg nog?
Straight up. Maybe with a bit of rum if I’m at a party.

9. What is your favorite Christmas carol and why?
If we’re talking about actual Christmas carols, then it’s Angels We Have Heard On High. I love the chorus to bits.
As for non-carol type Christmas songs, it’s Wham’s Last Christmas.

10. When was the last time you had a white Christmas?
The correct question here is when was the last time I didn’t have a white Christmas. The answer to that? I can’t even remember. I know it has happened, within the last few years even, but I can’t think of a year specifically.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...