Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!

It’s been quite the week around here. I started off by having marathon baking/gift wrapping sessions on both Sunday and Monday. All of my cookies are made, but I decided last minute (aka 11:30pm the night before we leave for Vulcan) to make some more goodies. I worked four days this week, which would make that the first time in years that I’ve worked the whole week leading up to Christmas. It was rough, but I survived. On Wednesday, my MomBoss took me out for lunch. I got lovely gifts from both of my nanny families, and I cannot wait to put the gift cards to good use.

December 15 024December 15 016

On Wednesday night, my sister Tracy got engaged. (That would be the Vulcan sister) Her and Kent were ice skating when he proposed. I haven’t seen her yet, but I’m looking forward to seeing the ring and hearing all about it. I’m excited for her, but I just feel like she’s so young! Then again, when my Mom was 20, she had two kids, with a third not far off in the distance. Her and my Dad got married that year as well. Guess it’s just the overprotective big sister in me coming out.

December 15 029

{My Aunt painted this when I was kid.}

The family and I are off to Vulcan today. We’ll be coming back to Calgary on Boxing Day, but then heading out the next day to Edmonton to spend time with Stephen’s family. We’ve never needed this time off more, and I’ve already been warned that I shouldn’t be spending our holidays attached to my computer. I had already made the decision when Stephen mentioned it to me… I’ll be taking next week off from blogging. I’ll be returning in January with stories and pictures of my time away though!

December 15 005

{Our tree this year}

Merry Christmas! Enjoy whatever holidays you may get, and hug your family and loved ones extra tight this year.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...