Thursday, December 9, 2010

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

In case you haven’t noticed, I’m a sucker for chocolate and peanut butter. I mean really, could there be any better combination than that? Ok, maybe peanut butter cookies with a nice cold glass of milk. When making my way through my Google Reader one night, I came across a recipe for Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies by Brown Eyed Baker. They looked so perfect that I got up right then and there and baked them… at 11pm. Trust me, they’re worth it. I even sent the link to Andi, and she’s made them a few times and loves them as well! A great way to take these cookies over the top is to substitute the sugar with vanilla sugar. YUM!

december 8 006

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Adapted from Brown Eyed Baker

(Printable Recipe)

1 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup room temperature unsalted butter
1/2 peanut butter
1/2 cup vanilla sugar (plain white sugar is used in the original recipe)
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup chocolate chips
december 8 003

1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter, vanilla sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Add the egg and beat well.
4. Fold in flour, oats and chocolate chips.
5. Shape into tbsp sized balls and place on cookie sheets. Bake 10 minutes.

december 8 007december 8 012

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...