Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Reverb 10


When it gets to be close to the end of the year, I love reflecting upon the previous year so that I can see where I've been and what I've done. When I saw Reverb '10, I knew this would be the perfect way to do so. Since the last week has been super busy, I haven't been blogging. I finally decided to play catch up on these posts and make one large post. I hope you'll read trough it all!
To find out more about Reverb 10, check out the website!
**********

Day 1: One Word. Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you're choosing that word. Now, imagine it's one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?

I think I can sum up 2010 with the word growth. I did a whole lot of soul searching this year, and found out more about the type of person I am. I'm getting better at putting myself out there as well!
I want 2011 to be all about discovery. I want to get to know myself better, and I want to get to know my surroundings better.

Day 2: Writing. What do you do each day that doesn't contribute to your writing -- and can you eliminate it?

I don't consider myself a writer. I love writing, but don't feel like I'm particularly good at it. Blogging was a way for me to be able to work on my writing and get it out there for others to see. Since I love blogging, I don't let a whole lot get in the way of my writing. I know that I'm a procrastinator, so earlier this year, I decided to buckle down and write 5 posts a week. It's what works for me, and helps me make good use of this creative outlet.

Day 3: Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors).

The day we moved into our new house. That entire week (month, even!) I had been nervously anticipating that moment. I woke up that morning with a nervous excitement, and just wanted to get the day over with. I was so tired and sore from all of our hard work the day before, that I just didn't think I was going to ever walk in that front door. However, the moment I did walk in the door, I felt like a new person. This is the moment that both Stephen and I had been anticipating, and I was so happy to find out that I loved the place. We're really hoping to turn this into our home.

Day 4: Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year?

Working on the Women of Wonder project. The entire project is centered around 5 women from across Canada going on a journey to rediscover their wonder. I've been getting in touch with who I am and rediscovering things about myself that I had forgotten or pushed off to the side. This project is doing amazing things for me!

Day 5: Let Go. What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why?

I let go of a friend. Technically, she was the one who originally decided that she no longer wanted anything to do with me, but that just ended up being a wake up call for me. It made me realize just how taxing our friendship was on me, and what kind of a person it was turning me into. I suppose it turned out to be a blessing in disguise.

Day 6: Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?

I "make" all the time. In fact, the boy I used to nanny for told me that I'm the best maker that he knows. Obviously, the making that I'm talking about here is baking. Surprisingly, baked goods were not the last thing I made! On Sunday, I put my new little craft area to good use and made some Christmas cards.

Day 7: Community. Where have you discovered community, online or otherwise, in 2010? What community would you like to join, create or more deeply connect with in 2011?

The answer for this, without a doubt, is my blog community. I spent 2010 working and growing my blog, and thanks to that, I think I've developed a tight-knit group of blogging friends. They're all so amazing, and have been there for me at so many different points throughout the year.

Day 8: Beautifully different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different- you'll find they're what make you beautiful.

This may have to be my favorite prompt so far because I believe that we should celebrate people's differences. There's probably a million things that I could list off that makes me different from you, and I've learned that I need to embrace each and every one of them and love myself for who I am. I've really struggled with this (and still do), so it's important for me to stop and remind myself every so often that I'm actually not so bad after all.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...