Friday, December 10, 2010

7 Quick Takes (Vol 23)

1. Before we moved, we decided that we would have a party on December 11th. It’s my Mom’s birthday, so we figured that we would combine the celebration with a housewarming and Christmas party. At the time, it sounded like a good idea because we figured it would keep us motivated to get unpacked as quick as possible. Boy, were we wrong.

2. Like I had mentioned earlier in the week, we need to repaint because the previous tenants had tried to repaint over the holes in the walls with the wrong color. It looked awful, and we knew that we just had to get it done this week. Stephen and I are still working opposite schedules, so this week has been rough. It would have gone a lot smoother if we had the week off, or even if we just worked the same schedules and could work on getting the house ready together.

3. Since I’m exhausted by the time I get home from work, I haven’t been getting as much done as I would have hoped. Last night, I started piling boxes into every closet possible. Hopefully none of the guests decide that they need to look inside our closets…

4. Despite the fact that we’re not unpacked, we do have our Christmas tree up. We’ve got our priorities straight.

5. Having PVR is pretty much the best thing ever. I recorded a Keeping Up With the Kardashians marathon, and now I’m hooked.

6. Have I mentioned how much I love my job? On Tuesday, I decided last minute to get T out of the house, so we went to Chapter’s to play with the train sets. He asked me to invite my nanny friend and her boys, so I texted her as we were leaving and she met us there. We grabbed some Starbucks and had a nice chat while the boys played. I love moments like that!

7. Only 15 days until I go on a mini-vacation for a week. I need this now more than ever!

Happy weekend friends!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...