Thursday, December 23, 2010

Chewy Skor Toffee Bits Cookies

While grocery shopping a month or so ago, I was stocking up on the necessary baking related items when I noticed something new by the chocolate chips: toffee bits! I immediately picked them up and stuck them in the cart, but Stephen gave me a look. I have a habit of grabbing ingredients with the intention of using them, but waiting ages to actually getting around to it. I told him that I had a recipe for some cookies in mind, despite the fact that I actually didn’t. I just wanted them that badly. I went home, Googled a recipe and made the first one that popped up. Not really knowing what to expect, I was surprised by just how good these were. They’re addictive, as my friend George can vouch. Twice now, I’ve put out a plate of them and both her and I found ourselves eating a few too many. I dare you to stop at just one.

December 22 004

I’m still getting used to the natural light in our house. The apartment had full on direct sun coming in during the day, making my kitchen counter a great place to take pictures. This house doesn’t have that, and with it being winter, my window of time for getting some natural light is very, very small. You’ll see that reflected in these pictures, so I’m sorry for that. I’m contemplating making a light box just to use for taking pictures of my baked goods. That’s how desperate I am for light! My point and shoot camera doesn’t do so well in low light situations.

Chewy Skor Toffee Bits Cookies

(Printable Recipe)

2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Eggs
1 1/3 cups Skor toffee bits

December 22 001

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
3. In large mixer bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until well blended.
Add eggs; blend thoroughly.
4. Gradually fold in flour mixture. Stir in toffee bits.
5. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned.

Makes about 4 dozen cookies.

December 22 006

December 22 012

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...