Monday, December 20, 2010

Reverb 10


To find out how you can reflect on this year and manifest what’s next, visit the Reverb 10 website.

December 16 – Friendship. How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual, or a sudden burst?

I made a new friend this year, who I like to refer to as my nanny friend. We met at the park while we were both working and she struck up a conversation with me. Little did I know, our friendship would blossom into a lot more than just work acquaintances. Our kids are around the same ages, so we always plan play dates, but we also see each other outside of work. Stephen and I even invited her and her husband over for a game night. It’s been so great having another nanny around. The entire time that I’ve been a nanny, I haven’t known another one. I love being able to talk about our jobs with each other, and I like the fact that she’s ready to hand out advice when I need it most. George doesn’t realize this, but she’s help me to become a better nanny. Thanks, George!

December 17 – Lesson Learned. What was the best thing you learned about yourself this past year? And how will you apply that lesson going forward?

The best thing that I’ve learned is that I’m not as painfully shy as I thought I was. I’ve met three different blog friends this year, and I still can’t believe that I just went ahead and decided to meet complete strangers off of the internet. (Best decision ever, these ladies are all awesome!)

December 18 – Try. What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn’t go for it?

Throughout the year, I had been seeing things on Twitter and around the blogosphere about something called stratejoy. I’ve looked into the website a bit and came across The Joy Equation and was instantly intrigued. I’ve put it off mainly because of the price, but lately, I’ve been feeling drawn back to the website. I just feel like that at this point in my life, I could use some reflection and inspiration. (Who couldn’t?) I’m going to make it my goal to do The Joy Equation in 2011. What have I got to lose?

December 19 – Healing. What healed you this year? Was it sudden, or a drip-by-drip evolution? How would you like to be healed in 2011?

Acceptance and letting things go. These are two things that I struggle with, and always will struggle with, but this year, I’ve been doing a lot better with both of them. It helps that I have my own personal cheerleader, but when I actually started taking his advice to heart, I realized just how much better my life was. And you know what? It actually is healing for me. Not to have the worries and stress of certain toxic friendships weighing me down has really helped me to move on.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...