Thursday, April 29, 2010

Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies

Baking With Angela Final Copy

8 times out of 10, I don’t like picking up cookies at the grocery store. I usually prefer eating home baked ones, but I do make certain exceptions. Funnily enough, that exception isn’t even for Oreos. If someone else buys them and offers them to me, then I’m all over them. If I have to pick out grocery store cookies, I’m usually picking out something from the bakery. I can’t help it, it’s just who I am. Stephen claims to only like one or two Oreo’s, once in a blue moon, so I was rather surprised when he said that this recipe looked interesting. When I saw the recipe, it just looked so natural to me. Oreo pieces inside of a chocolate chip cookie, what’s not to love? My verdict? Yum!

Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
First seen on Lovin’ From the Oven, Adapted from Picky Palate

The recipe on Picky Palate is for a half batch of cookies, but half batches just don’t cut it around here. I like to throw about half of all the cookies I bake in the freezer to eat during times when I haven’t baked in a while.

(Printable Recipe)

1 cup Softened butter
3/4 cup Sugar
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
2 1/2 cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
20 Broken Oreos (I may actually up this and decrease the chocolate chips next time I make it.)
1 cup Chocolate chips

Oreo cookies 0071. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Cream butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla, mix until fully combined.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir in Oreos and chocolate chips, stirring just until combined.
Oreo cookies 019Oreo cookies 0234. Form into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 7-9 minutes, or until done.
Oreo cookies 024Oreo cookies 030Trust me, you’ll want to make these as soon as possible.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...