Wednesday, April 14, 2010

20SB Blog Swap

My post (over at http://greekphysique.xanga.com) will be up this evening. Be sure to stop by and check it out!
**********

For me, the best thing about being a blogger is the opportunity to experiment. In real life, many of the topics I blog about would bore my friends, or I do not know anyone who is fascinated by a given topic. But when I blog, I feel like I am throwing out a fishing line into a vast ocean, filled with many different types of fish. If I just put enough "meat" on the hook, I know some of the fish will bite and interact with me. Then I take my new friends out of their comfortable watery home and eat them, preferably with a bit of lemon and...oops, never mind, the analogy broke down quickly, haha.

But seriously, I love the opportunity to learn and to teach at the same time. If I ever feel I am no longer learning from my readers, I will quit. I love starting a conversation and then watching the amazing ideas and suggestions my readers will have. I have tried to perfect a non-confrontational yet intriguing style that invites people to wrestle with complex topics. And by some miracle, quite a few people have indeed done so, and I appreciate them for it. The best thing about my being a blogger isn't just that I can say what I want; if that was it, I'd write in a journal for myself. No, I love taking risks with my audience, trying new styles, and then being rewarded by the audience as I reward them for their attentiveness. Sure, once in a while a blog will bomb; but then I can just hit the delete key or write the next post and keep on going!

Greek, of http://greekphysique.xanga.com
blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...