Monday, April 19, 2010

Getting Out of Calgary

Saturday before last, Stephen had a rare Saturday off, as did my parents and sister. We decided to all pile into the car and head to Vulcan to visit my sister and her new puppies!

Vulcan is known as The Official Star Trek Capital of Canada, so we stopped off at the Starship to get Stephen better acquainted.

Vacay! 027Vacay! 029Stephen wasn’t into the whole touristy thing though, so we quickly abandoned that idea and headed over to Tracy’s place. Earlier in the week, she and her boyfriend picked up two new puppies (they’re boxers crossed with something else, although I can’t remember what). Lily and Jaybo are adorable and are keeping their other dog Iggy (Maltese/Chihuahua) great company.

Vacay! 031Vacay! 039
Lily wasn’t feeling very photogenic, so I was only able to get pictures of Jaybo. I was so in love with these little rascals that I seriously considered sticking them in my purse and taking them home! The only thing holding me back was the fact that they’d outgrow my teeny apartment in no time.

We barbecued some burgers and hot dogs, I watched my first ever UFC fight (and actually liked it!) and I walked with Tracy over to the tiny dollar store. It was a great visit. On the way home, we decided to take a detour and headed to Kananaskis to get our mountain fix.
Vacay! 057Vacay! 065 Vacay! 073We even got to see some hang gliders in action!
After all was said and done, it was the perfect escape out of the city.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...