Thursday, April 22, 2010

Blueberry Coffee Cake

Baking With Angela Final Copy

When my nanny kids were younger, I’d have a hard time keeping my drinks away from them. Every time I turned around, one of them were trying to steal a sip, hoping that it would be better than the milk I was making them drink. More often than not, I was drinking water, which they didn’t get any excitement from. When I started drinking coffee at work, I had to make sure to tell them that coffee is a grownup drink, and they shouldn’t drink it. Since then, every time they see me filling up my coffee mug, they take it upon themselves to remind me that coffee is still a grownup drink. When looking for things to bake the other day, I decided I was really in the mood for a coffee cake, so I suggested it to the kids. “But Ang! Coffee is a grownup drink!!” Try explaining to a 5 and 7 year old that coffee cakes don’t actually contain any coffee. Yeah, it took me a while. Once they realized that it was ok for kids to eat, they pretty much devoured it. I’d call that a successful coffee cake!
(I didn’t get too many good pictures this time, the kitchen was rather dark that day.)

Blueberry Coffee Cake

(Printable Recipe)

2 cups Flour
1/2 cup Sugar
3 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Salt
2 Eggs
1/4 Cooking oil
3/4 cup Milk
1 cup Blueberries, fresh or frozen
Topping:
1/3 cup Flour
1/3 cup Packed brown sugar
1/4 cup margarine or butter
1 tsp cinnamon
Balcony 005 1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. In another bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Mix in cooking oil and milk. Pour into dry ingredients; mix.
4. Fold in blueberries. Scrape into Bundt pan.
Balcony 018Topping: Mix flour, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. Sprinkle on top of batter.
Balcony 022
Bake for 50-6o minutes, or until it begins to shrink away from sides of pan.
Balcony 026 Alternatives: Cranberries and raspberries would taste wonderful!

Enjoy with a nice big mug of grown up coffee!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...