Thursday, April 8, 2010

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Baking With Angela Final Copy

My nanny family knows that I bake, and they know that I bake relatively well. They take full advantage of this (which I am happy with), and I bake for them at least once a week. They eat a lot of cookies, therefore I bake a lot of cookies. It’s just how life goes. I like to keep their cookie jar well stocked, with some extra cookies in the freezer as backup for when I’m not around. Because of this, you’ll probably notice a lot of cookie recipes around here. You’ll probably notice that the ingredients and supplies I use vary from week to week. When I’m baking at work, I try to get a few pictures and copy down the recipe to post here. This is one of those weeks!

I bake some Oatmeal Raisin cookies on Tuesday that were ridiculously amazing. They were so good, I easily inhaled 4 of them before stopping myself. Good thing I made them small! The secret ingredient that made them so good? Honey. I’m a sucker for the sweet taste of honey! My nanny family picks up some honey in Saskatchewan, and I believe this kind is what made these cookies so darn good. While I believe that the cookies will still taste amazing with whatever honey you have on hand, I’m going to get some more info on their honey next week. Now onto my new favorite cookies!

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

(Printable Recipe)

2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup quick oats
1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup salted butter, softened
2 tbsp honey
2 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional (I omitted this)

1. Preheat oven to 300F
2. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt and oats.

cookies 017


3. In a large bowl, blend sugars. Add butter and mix to form a grainy paste.
cookies 020
Add honey, vanilla and eggs. Mix until fully combined.
cookies 021
4. Add flour mixture, and raisins. Do not over mix.
cookies 024
5. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
cookies 027 Bake for 18-22 minutes or until cookies are light golden brown. (My cookies were on the small side, so 15 minutes was long enough)
cookies 030 cookies 031

blog comments powered by Disqus
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...